Sunday 28 February 2016

A LETTER TO MY FUTURE WIFE

I have lived in this world, I have learnt to work hard, to work smart, to do my best and leave the rest to God. I concentrate on my life each day like a player in chess then beat up may chest that I am the best. I run the race knowing that I'm blessed.
The Lord has given me the key to unlock the unseen and the tips to understand the meaning of this life I'm living, this hill I'm climbing and this weight I'm lifting. The way is so rough and the path is so dusty, but I will nor give up.
Meanwhile leave that  aside. It is just another one of those days when I have to stand on the bridge of emotions and dive into the sea of solitude. I move close towards a table in my room, a specious and comfortable room, but it gets claustrophobic whenever I think of you. I pull a chair away, sit, then I stare at space thinking about you, the most beautiful and perfect gift for me.
Then I take my time to let my pen dance on paper and later on engage my mind in the task of memorizing each and every line hoping that somehow, someday, these words will reach your ears.
I know I'm writing to someone I have not met, but I'm sure I've met you several times in my dreams and all the times that I lay brick after brick building castles in the air.
I'm writing to you my love, my future wife, my missing rib that I'm in the maze running up and down trying to find the lady that my Daddy, my Creator has destined to be my partner.
Where are you? I've been up and down trying to find you. Can't you see my dusty feet? Can't you note the smell of my sweat?
I belief you must be hiding somewhere safe, I guess you are hidden in Christ.
I just want you to know and embrace the fact that I am out here keeping my self pure for you dear, working twice as hard as the ants to add value to my life so that you will always jerk your head up to stop your beautiful hair from blocking your sight and then brag to your friends of how great your husband is.
I also want you to know baby, that I am in safe hands, I've surrounded myself with a group of spiritual mentors that God uses to prepare me for you.
I don't know where you are, I don't know what you are doing, but I know that I want you to know that I'm praying for you. It's been a routine now, everyday I humble myself before God, asking him to bless you wherever you are.
I pray you be my Proverbs 31 woman and make the man in me rise above the stars. My Esther, to be the queen of my world and save my generation from forceful oppression. My Elizabeth, to carry the promise that will prepare the way for the success of my life. My Rehab, who risked her life to hide the spies sent to Jericho by Joshua, sweetheart, I know you will risk your life for me.
I love you, trust me I do even if I know you not. But I know that I love what God has prepared for me for He says He has good plans for me, plans to prosper me and never to destroy me.
So many challenges pop up on my way to meeting you, so many distractions by the devil who is trying to make me stop waiting for God to bring us together.
So many girls, half naked even when the weather is ice cold, how I pray that pneumonia should fall heavily on them. They aim to attract my eyes and then distract my mind and rob me of the beauty of having you princess.
I understand that I have to remain true to the word of God and I thank him coz so far so good I have been able to flash a red card to all their dirty schemes.
I will wait for you and I make a plea to you my lady, hold on and wait for me too.
I dream of how we will sing and then I will blink as you wink when we go shopping for rings.
You have even made me to go ahead and define the word love, letter 'L' stands for the Length of time I will think of you, it will stretch from the east to the west. Letter 'O' stands for the Oasis of love in the desert of apathy, an oasis that holds trust and care where my love for you will grow. Letter 'V' stands for the Velvet curtain that I will draw each morning to invite the rays of love into our home. And letter 'E' stands for the endless memories we will make out of lives starting from the time we walk down the isle as we say "I DO".
Every morning I stand in the shower in front of my bathroom mirror and use my index finger to write on the mirror the words, I Hope I will Meet You Soon....

Yours in Love
Ouko Jnr

8 comments: